The FTSE 250 was up 0. 26% at 20,297. 84 at 1520 BST.
Investors will be asked to digest a steady stream of economic data over the coming week with data releases in the US possibly having to vie with those out of China for their attention this time around.
European shares were slightly higher on Friday as strong eurozone industrial production survey data was tempered by forecasts of a weaker second half of the year.
London stocks managed a positive finish on Friday after data showed the UK economy contracted a touch less than expected in the second quarter.
The FTSE 100 ended the week 61. 65 points higher, closing Friday’s session at 7,500. 89.
Analysts at Berenberg slashed their target price on fitness centre operator the Gym Group from 290. 0p to 180. 0p on Friday and said it was "staying on the sidelines" as far as the stock was concerned.
Analysts at Deutsche Bank raised their target price on bottling company Coca-Cola HBC from 2,525. 0p to 2,600. 0p on Friday, stating the stock was "still going cheap" despite recent strong growth.
Investors moved back into credit and to a lesser extent into banking and technology stocks over the preceding week, BofA Securities strategists said.
Specialist infrastructure debt investor Sequoia said in an update on Friday that its net asset value increased to 97. 21p per share at the end of July, from 96. 52p on 30 June.
AEW UK REIT announced on Friday that the sale of its ownership at Eastpoint Business Park in Oxford completed on 8 August, for £29m.
Wall Street stocks opened higher on Friday, putting major indices on track to close out the week in the green.
US consumer goods giant Johnson & Johnson will making and selling talc-based baby powder around the world, the company said on Friday.
Consumer confidence in the US improved a bit more than anticipated last month, albeit from June's all-time record low.
Frasers Group said it has completed the sale of some retail parks for £205 million.
The cost of goods in the US that were purchased overseas dropped more sharply than expected last month, dragged lower by a fall in imported fuel prices.
London’s FTSE 100 was up 0. 4% at 7,493. 40 in afternoon trade on Friday.
ProCook shares were on their way down on Friday afternoon, after it emerged that its chief executive spent more than £0. 21m on shares.
Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust has agreed to acquire a 51% interest in the Crossdykes Onshore Wind Farm, it announced on Friday, with the remaining 49% being acquired by another Octopus-managed fund.
Mondi has entered into an agreement to sell its most significant facility in Russia, Mondi Syktyvkar, together with two affiliated entities, it announced on Friday.
Bermuda-domiciled specialty insurance underwriter Argo reported first-half revenue of $1. 3m on Friday, down from $1. 7m a year ago.
Important Legal Notice about News Sources: Pilling and Co Stockbrokers Ltd. is not responsible for the content or accuracy of third party news and we may not share the views of the author or publisher. We provide third party news for your convenience and information only and make no representation or endorsement whatsoever and hereby exclude all liability for any loss or damage that may be incurred by you as a result of your access or use. Please note that third party content may be subject to terms and conditions imposed by the third party owner of that content.
The value of investments can fall and you may get back less than you invested.